• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZaneM
    Duffer
    • Aug 30, 2023

Wedge Fitting

Hey everyone! Located in Milton area but can travel around the GTA. I was looking to get fitted for some wedge's and was wondering if anyone had recommendations on where to go?
  • Clydesgolf
    Mid Handicapper
    • Mar 31, 2018
    • Whitby
    • Contractor

Club champion / TXG if they still have the outdoor option?
    If they only have indoor, you could possibly get your speeds and angles baseline from them and roll the dice on wedge bounce, loft, lie, shaft type from a different retailer?
    I am pretty sure testing them out on actual grass is the better route, maybe your local range has some demo units to try out but I do believe getting your recipe from CC can be a good start to eliminate certain clubs from the many choices out there?
    CC can be $$$ but a set of new wedges can get pretty expensive, maybe getting steered toward something suitable would save you the extra experimental $$ if you didn't fit the ones you chose as a guess? I believe they truly have a very good grasp of the numbers you generate and we all know you can't argue with physics.

Comment

• luv2kruz
      Tour Pro
      • Aug 3, 2006
      • Mississauga
      • Retired from the rat race and hav'n fun now

Just had mine done at CC. They can tell by how steep/shallow you swing on the indoor sim what will likely be best for you on the course regarding bounce. CC pricing is very expensive, so I just ordered the clubs we chose elsewhere. Just for to illustrate, they suggested I change the shaft in my wedges to match my iron set (Modus 120s in the irons and Modus 125 wedge shaft in the wedges). The cost per wedge with the different shaft and my chosen grip was $389 per wedge incl tax ($220+$100+$24.40+tax). I ordered the same wedge at Sport Check for $167.80 inc tax. Putting on my preferred grip with be another $20. I'll game the stock wedge shaft and see how I like them. If not, I'll source and swap out the shafts myself.
      Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Comment

• Clydesgolf
        Mid Handicapper
        • Mar 31, 2018
        • Whitby
        • Contractor

That makes sense to me, they sure can use that adding machine but they do a good job.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X