• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XBdude8
    Duffer
    • Nov 5, 2020
    • Toronto (East)

Tam O'Shanter - New Low - Staff driving a power cart on 10th green

Wow, now I seen it all all. Today Monday, July 8, 2024 @8:25 pm as we are teeing off on the 18th hole. Our foursome noticed a power cart with 2 people driving up the 10th fairway towards the green. Also witnessed by a twosome playing the 11th hole.

One person gets off to inspect the flag/hole etc. and the other one drives right up to pick him up beside the hole. We shout over to get off the putting green. They yell back, "We work here". We were quite stunned and did not have time to take a picture or video of this spectacle.

Upon completion of our round, we headed into the clubhouse to notify the manager. A young lady working in the office told us the manager was not in. No sign of anyone else inside.

We reported what we saw and she said a staff member came in earlier to say he was shouted at but he was not on the green but the fairway. She said, "I believe what a fellow staff member had to say versus us "

Basically calling us liars, what motive would we have to make this up. We had a pleasant afternoon and thought it was new management and staff not knowing what to do as they were quite number of young people helping out for the summer lately.

We saw the young man outside still parking carts and told him it is a big breach of golf rules to drive a power cart onto the greens. He said he weren't playing on it and he did no such thing. Then the nerve afterwards in front of other golfers finishing. He told us to F off a few times and so what if he did. The arrogance and no fear of any action from management or the city contracting this new company running the Municipal courses. He looked quite frustrated being left to park and lock up all the power carts by himself as it was quite late.

Still no excuse for the profanity and language in front of paying customers. Management has to look into this or the city should have a complaint line plus a performance review of this new contractor soon.

This clubhouse/facilities has certainly gone downhill with the new management group handling things but this is a new low. First year of a ten year contract with renewals I believe.
    I did email Kevin Thistle about this incident but I don't expect a response anytime soon.

• kcirtap
    Low Handicapper
    • Mar 20, 2012

Think you should relax....its Tam...unrepaired ball marks, especially given their frequency do more damage
    Regardless, appreciate your passion as Tam is special for me, first place I played golf
    Must have been a mistake!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
    X