• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amcp91
    Duffer
    • Mar 19, 2021

Toronto area course suggestions

I’m going to be in Toronto for my sisters wedding Aug 2-5 and was looking for some suggestions on where to book a tee time on Saturday August 3rd.

will be staying around the St. Clair west area, would like to keep the drive to under an hour one way if possible.

im not familiar with courses in the area so any and all suggestions welcome!

thanks everyone!
  • tacks
    Low Handicapper
    • Mar 16, 2021

I'm going to assume you're looking for something memorable as you don't have regular access to Toronto area courses. As I'm sure will be repeated by many here...

TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley. 3 phenomenal courses. Will be hosting next year's Canadian Open. Best golf experience in Toronto. Downsides are it's right at your hour mark and there are many courses much closer. Also, I believe its difficult to get tee times which isn't made easier by golfing on a Saturday.

Little closer to you would be Piper's Heath and Nobleton Lakes. Both great courses with very different feels.

Comment

• 4wedges
      Tour Pro
      • Jun 10, 2011
      • Barrie
      • bean counter

Depending on your cost restrictions, you could try Eagles Nest, although trying to get a Saturday tee time anywhere will be a challenge.

Comment

• midlifecrisis
        Club Pro
        • Oct 12, 2012
        • Toronto

If you want a tee time on a Saturday in the GTA, especially in the morning, try to book it on the first day that times become available. For most courses, that is one week in advance, though there are some that are 14 days (and a few that are hybrids, like 10 or 11 days). With it being a long weekend, though, demand might be a bit lighter -- I noticed tee times were somewhat easier to get on Canada Day weekend than on a "regular" Saturday.

In terms of options, there are almost too many to list. Closest to where you're staying is probably Royal Woodbine. A lot depends on price point, what sort of course you're looking for, etc.

Comment

• amcp91
          Duffer
          • Mar 19, 2021

Originally posted by tacks View Post
          I'm going to assume you're looking for something memorable as you don't have regular access to Toronto area courses. As I'm sure will be repeated by many here...

TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley. 3 phenomenal courses. Will be hosting next year's Canadian Open. Best golf experience in Toronto. Downsides are it's right at your hour mark and there are many courses much closer. Also, I believe its difficult to get tee times which isn't made easier by golfing on a Saturday.

Little closer to you would be Piper's Heath and Nobleton Lakes. Both great courses with very different feels.
          yeah I definitely understand the challenge of trying to get a Saturday round in somewhere, really hoping I can luck out somewhere.

definitely would like it to be a memorable experience for us, but that being said I don’t think I’d want to spend more than $175 per on the round.

appreciate the suggestions!

Comment

• amcp91
            Duffer
            • Mar 19, 2021

Originally posted by midlifecrisis View Post
            If you want a tee time on a Saturday in the GTA, especially in the morning, try to book it on the first day that times become available. For most courses, that is one week in advance, though there are some that are 14 days (and a few that are hybrids, like 10 or 11 days). With it being a long weekend, though, demand might be a bit lighter -- I noticed tee times were somewhat easier to get on Canada Day weekend than on a "regular" Saturday.

In terms of options, there are almost too many to list. Closest to where you're staying is probably Royal Woodbine. A lot depends on price point, what sort of course you're looking for, etc.
            I kept type of course kind of vague as I’m not too picky, I’ll be coming in from Ottawa and my cousin from Alberta so our experiences are quite different to what is offered in the GTA.

I’ll definitely be looking to book as soon as I can, and have been told by a few people to keep an eye open for when bookings open.

as mentioned for price point, would like to keep it under $175 if possible but would be willing to spend more if the experience warranted it. My biggest want is quality conditions above anything else.

Comment

• okgndave
              Tour Pro
              • Aug 15, 2019

Osprey Valley has times available and can be booked now. It's $180 plus tax for Hoot and Heathlands. $200 for the North where they are holding the Canadian Open next year.

My favourite is the Hoot, but can't go wrong with any of the three

Comment

• midlifecrisis
                Club Pro
                • Oct 12, 2012
                • Toronto

Yes, if your budget goes as high as $175 pretty much everything public is in your range or close to it. There might be a couple of exceptions. Osprey will probably be the consensus choice here (though it will take your full budgeted hour to get there from St. Clair W.) Lebovic is always in very good condition. Hoot is my favourite at Osprey as well, though I can see the allure of playing next year's Canadian Open track too!

Comment

• Jac Obsen
                  High Handicapper
                  • Nov 19, 2009

Another option would be Copper Creek

Comment

• Uncut
                    High Handicapper
                    • Sep 11, 2021

Lebovic was really nice as the fairways were like carpet and not many divots. Played it twice this year and the greens were slow one time and quick the other. Definitely more enjoyable for myself with quick greens. They put tee times 15mins apart so it helps with pace of play. GPS is carts and for June and July it included a buffet so hopefully that will be the case in August.

also TPC as well like mentioned. Nobleton Lakes is nice and a touch cheaper but not by much and isn’t quite as nice as other two but still a very solid course.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X