• Show
Clear All
  • veryold
    Tour Pro
    • Oct 16, 2012
    • Mississauga, Sq.1 area
    • long retired old fossil :)

Ping K15 Driver, Anyone Using/Used it ?

Met a really nice guy at Derrydale earlier this evening and bought his Ping K15 Driver for not much money. He complained that he is slicing it with very low trajectory.

Well, played with it for about an hour and my word, this is a "monster" - in a good way, of course. Ball trajectory is a bit LOWER than I would like but the TOTAL DISTANCE, with a substantial roll was just short of AMAZING. Put my drive into the creek in front of a par 4 8th hole from the longest (most back) tees. Will try tomorror to tee it higher and see if it starts "FLYING" higher ?
    Last edited by veryold; Jul 9, 2024, 11:22 PM.
  • ARL67
    Tour Pro
    • Apr 11, 2009
    • Thornbury / Owen Sound

Isn’t the K15 very closed with lots of offset, to help slicers ?
    🍍 2024 WITB 🍍​
    Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
    Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
    Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
    Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
    Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
    Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
    Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

• veryold
      Tour Pro
      • Oct 16, 2012
      • Mississauga, Sq.1 area

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
      Isn’t the K15 very closed with lots of offset, to help slicers ?
      Didn't look to me that way.
      BUT, looking down at the head, it look gynormous. Think this is because it is sort of a "Pan Cake" head design, a bit shallow face but spread out.
      Really looking forward to experiment some more with it.
      Would be heaven to have your SIM setup to do that and get some real numbers
      All best and cheers, Andy

Comment

• Smittyman
        Tour Pro
        • Dec 19, 2013
        • Richmond Hill

Hey Serge. I’m a little surprised by this post.

First, no details about the club; loft, shaft, flex? That’s not like you!😁

Also, the K15 is not adjustable, you can’t even change shafts without gluing and no loft adjustment at all! Again, not the Serge I know.😀

Just kidding my friend. I love your enthusiasm and interest in exploring different options .

I’ve never played the K15 driver but the 3, 5, 7 fw’s make regular appearances in my bag. Standard Ping Alta shafts on the 3 & 7, a Kuro Kage on the 5 after the Ping shaft snapped at the hosel a few years back; all reg flex. Their reputation for being easy to hit is well deserved; maybe not the longest clubs out there but very forgiving fw’s.

I understand what you mean by a “pancake” appearance. The fw’s are even more so, very broad, flat heads with low profile face. So much so that you can slide under the ball in fluffy lies, one of the reasons they come out of bag.

Maybe I’ll put them in the bag next time we get out. I’m up north right now, back home for three days then off to PEI so July is out but Braeben or Lakeview in August would work.

Be well and enjoy the new toy.
        Last edited by Smittyman; Jul 10, 2024, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• veryold
          Tour Pro
          • Oct 16, 2012
          • Mississauga, Sq.1 area

Originally posted by Smittyman View Post
          Hey Serge. I’m a little surprised by this post.

First, no details about the club; loft, shaft, flex? That’s not like you!😁

Also, the K15 is not adjustable, you can’t even change shafts without gluing and no loft adjustment at all! Again, not the Serge I know.😀

Just kidding my friend. I love your enthusiasm and interest in exploring different options .

I’ve never played the K15 driver but the 3, 5, 7 fw’s make regular appearances in my bag. Standard Ping Alta shafts on the 3 & 7, a Kuro Kage on the 5 after the Ping shaft snapped at the hosel a few years back; all reg flex. Their reputation for being easy to hit is well deserved; maybe not the longest clubs out there but very forgiving fw’s.

I understand what you mean by a “pancake” appearance. The fw’s are even more so, very broad, flat heads with low profile face. So much so that you can slide under the ball in fluffy lies, one of the reasons they come out of bag.

Maybe I’ll put them in the bag next time we get out. I’m up north right now, back home for three days then off to PEI so July is out but Braeben or Lakeview in August would work.

Be well and enjoy the new toy.
          Hey Mark, so NICE to hear from you

I "hid" the details because I thought people would think i'm full of sh%^&* if i included them Anyway, it's 9.5* and Stiff Shaft But as mentioned, it got me there a good way out last night, but more roll and less air. But didn't miss a fairway So maybe "rolling it" instead of "flying it" is not such a bad thing

And as mentioned as well, will tee it HI and Let it Fly maybe tonite, Beryl allowing. With soaked Fairways, it will be a great oportunity to get a tru CARRY Distances.

Have wonderful time in PEI, and ABSOLUTELY a game in Aug, will hold you to it. And yes, bring the K15 FWs, please.
          Best and safe travel and cheers,
          serge

Comment

• Smittyman
            Tour Pro
            • Dec 19, 2013
            • Richmond Hill

“I "hid" the details because I thought people would think i'm full of sh%^&* “

I assume this means full of shafts, in which case you absolutely are.

I expect you’ll be killing it with K15 when we meet again. Until then, hit ‘em straight mon vieux.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X