• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fore Warned
    Tour Pro
    • Dec 24, 2014

Originally posted by Playthru View Post
    I find it disturbing that there is a growing trend for golfers not to accept other golfers in their group. To me this is one of the basic tenets of golf and one that makes it so attractive - the fact that you can play with golfers of all abilities and potentially from different tees. When I travel (or play locally as a single) I look forward to meeting other golfers and having a nice conversation that includes stories of golf trips, clubs, local restaurants, vacations, careers, family etc. People who don't open themselves to that possibility are missing something special in my opinion.

Some of my most interesting rounds have been with complete strangers.
    I don't understand where people feel they get the right to deny others to play as part of a group.

Unless you book a foursome, and/or pay for all those spots, people playing at a public, or pay as you play club, are not paying for the privilege of choosing or excluding those with whom they will play with, or not play with.

You won't even get that at a private club. But you can arrange to play with partners of your choice, or, since you can view the tee sheet, to stay at home, if someone you prefer not to play with is placed in your group.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Playthru
      Tour Pro
      • Mar 12, 2010
      • Oakville
      • Retired

Originally posted by StevieRed View Post

I’m with ya. I’ve literally done business with people I’ve met on the golf course, ran into existing clients in the same pairing, made “acquaintances” on Golf Canada or through exchanging numbers for future rounds … I too have heard some amazing stories and learned of new tracks to add (or subtract!) to my seemingly endless bucket list. I’ve celebrated par 4 eagles and hole in 1s with strangers …

here’s to hoping for a better 2024 season!
      Good to hear. Have a great season!

Comment

• bogey5
        Tour Pro
        • Mar 20, 2011
        • GTA
        • All Done

Seems more and more anti socials playing these days. Also don't get why playing different tees is an issue. Happens all the time at our place and nobody cares.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X