• Show
Clear All
  • 4wedges
    Tour Pro
    • Jun 10, 2011
    • Barrie
    • bean counter

Craziness in B.C.

Police break up altercation involving 'numerous' golfers on B.C. course | CTV News
  • Pingeye2_fan
    Tour Pro
    • Mar 26, 2006

I thought BC was all chill?
    Ping G410 Plus
    Ping G410 3W
    Ping G400 7W or 3H
    Ping G400 4H
    Ping G400 5 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
    Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
    Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• sunshiNee
      Tour Pro
      • Aug 22, 2011
      • Richmond Hill

Talk about pushing stereotypes. The asian dude in the blue shirt tries to sneak a kungfu kick from behind and ends up hitting the guy in the black shirt who I guess actually works at the golf course trying to break up the altercation. He falls flat on his arse, and say "i'm so solly".................

Comment

• Mr22putt
        Tour Pro
        • Aug 11, 2011
        • Vancouver. BC

Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
        Talk about pushing stereotypes. The asian dude in the blue shirt tries to sneak a kungfu kick from behind and ends up hitting the guy in the black shirt who I guess actually works at the golf course trying to break up the altercation. He falls flat on his arse, and say "i'm so solly".................
        The video quality is not great....but I'm not so sure the 2 guys in the blue shirts are Asian....they might be Caucasian....notice the the guy with the failed drop kick still has a range finder in his left hand....lol.
        The 2 women look Asian.....as do the guy filming in the light grey shirt and the guy in the white hat and black shirt.

Supposedly 5 RCMP SUV's/cars showed up....also driving onto the course.

Riverway golf course....a city of Burnaby muni....one of the busiest courses in Canada....good value too.

The people being interviewed who were shown the video are golfers at Langara golf course...a city of Vancouver muni....one of 3 Vanc full length muni's which are very busy too.

https://x.com/doubleH61817201/status/1807561416888680650?s=04&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEA AR0Vc6ezXwdEvJPF4YEmFoMNe7ki-Hyw3LODt28Xe08Usw6JSnV20mrmecc_aem_ssdQflHK8vv-OnUIVPSDIg
        Last edited by Mr22putt; Jul 3, 2024, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• sunshiNee
          Tour Pro
          • Aug 22, 2011
          • Richmond Hill

I was only referring to the guy in the blue shirt that tried to sneak that kung fu kick and fell on his arse! He was definitely asian and hasn't a trained a day in his life! Not sure what prompted him to embarass himself and then receive some ground and pound to the face! And even thought the video quality was bad, clearly the two guys getting the beatings on the ground were asian. I would bet that they were Korean considering the accents, and the sport of golf!

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
          The video quality is not great....but I'm not so sure the 2 guys in the blue shirts are Asian....they might be Caucasian....notice the the guy with the failed drop kick still has a range finder in his left hand....lol.
          The 2 women look Asian.....as do the guy filming in the light grey shirt and the guy in the white hat and black shirt.

Supposedly 5 RCMP SUV's/cars showed up....also driving onto the course.

Riverway golf course....a city of Burnaby muni....one of the busiest courses in Canada....good value too.

The people being interviewed who were shown the video are golfers at Langara golf course...a city of Vancouver muni....one of 3 Vanc full length muni's which are very busy too.

https://x.com/doubleH61817201/status/1807561416888680650?s=04&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEA AR0Vc6ezXwdEvJPF4YEmFoMNe7ki-Hyw3LODt28Xe08Usw6JSnV20mrmecc_aem_ssdQflHK8vv-OnUIVPSDIg

Comment

• TMAzng01f3R
            Tour Pro
            • Oct 27, 2010
            • Van-city (aka Vancouver); previously the 6ix (aka Toronto).

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
            I thought BC was all chill?
            Supposed to be! lol.

Comment

• TMAzng01f3R
              Tour Pro
              • Oct 27, 2010
              • Van-city (aka Vancouver); previously the 6ix (aka Toronto).

Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
              I was only referring to the guy in the blue shirt that tried to sneak that kung fu kick and fell on his arse! He was definitely asian and hasn't a trained a day in his life! Not sure what prompted him to embarass himself and then receive some ground and pound to the face! And even thought the video quality was bad, clearly the two guys getting the beatings on the ground were asian. I would bet that they were Korean considering the accents, and the sport of golf!

I guess no one will ever really know what exactly happened here, but from what I saw on some comments on Reddit and a Vancouver golfers Facebook group that I'm a part of, based on that info (which might not even be accurate), my "guess" is the group being hit into was MAYBE an older (in their 50s and Asian?) group. They were probably betting (?) so playing every single rule/holing every single putt (no gimmies) and probably playing from the tips/furthest tees. Not that I like generalizing, but I've seen this happen a fair bit and have been behind similar types of groups occasionally in the past...

My next guess is the group behind them, MAYBE guys in their 30s ish (apparently the news said that the people involved were between 39 and 50) were probably like "wtf are these guys doing?" and maybe by hole 10 were at their wits end and got pissed and hit into them repeatedly.

Again, I can only speculate and assume here based on the info I've read... I could be totally wrong! That said, what maybe could have happened to prevent the situation from getting worse is a marshal should have tried to encourage the group to catch up/play faster, which maybe could have deescalated the situation, perhaps. Anyhoo; ashamed it happened at that course (Riverway), which is one of my favourite municipal courses here - random sidenote, they've even filmed Happy Gilmore here too!

Comment

• bl8d
                Tour Pro
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post

I guess no one will ever really know what exactly happened here, but from what I saw on some comments on Reddit and a Vancouver golfers Facebook group that I'm a part of, based on that info (which might not even be accurate), my "guess" is the group being hit into was MAYBE an older (in their 50s and Asian?) group. They were probably betting (?) so playing every single rule/holing every single putt (no gimmies) and probably playing from the tips/furthest tees. Not that I like generalizing, but I've seen this happen a fair bit and have been behind similar types of groups occasionally in the past...

My next guess is the group behind them, MAYBE guys in their 30s ish (apparently the news said that the people involved were between 39 and 50) were probably like "wtf are these guys doing?" and maybe by hole 10 were at their wits end and got pissed and hit into them repeatedly.

Again, I can only speculate and assume here based on the info I've read... I could be totally wrong! That said, what maybe could have happened to prevent the situation from getting worse is a marshal should have tried to encourage the group to catch up/play faster, which maybe could have deescalated the situation, perhaps. Anyhoo; ashamed it happened at that course (Riverway), which is one of my favourite municipal courses here - random sidenote, they've even filmed Happy Gilmore here too!
                I think you are right ,for the most part ,as to what it was(gambling) that led to the altercation.
                The diversity of Burnaby is very high , 64% Asian ,so Jackie Chan Drunken Master in their diet that might explain the masterful sidekick. LOL

and yes, it's a beautiful course.
                Last edited by bl8d; Jul 5, 2024, 12:45 PM.
                things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• sLuGo
                  Tour Pro
                  • May 16, 2010
                  • Toronto
                  • Professional Eater

Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post

Looks like the 3rd hole

"The More I practice, the luckier I get" - Gary Player

910D2
                  909H 15*
                  AP2 710 3-5i
                  710mb 6-PW
                  BV 52*/4 56*/4
                  All kinds of putters

http://instagram.com/normster

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews