Collapse

Can anyone explain to me why I got this ticket today?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frorose
    Tour Pro
    • Aug 15, 2010
    • Mississauga
    • Realtor and Mom to 4

Can anyone explain to me why I got this ticket today?

Had my MIL at Erin Mills town center today for a little walkabout and get out of the house for a few hours.

Came out three hours later to this Ticket. It says I was parked in a designated spot without a permit. I was parked in a handicap spot. My MIL has a temp permit due to her broken knee.

(it expires end of May)

I called the city already and the couldnt pull it up yet. Told me to go to the court on Monday and talk to them.

The guy had to blind to miss it
    Last edited by Frorose; Nov 11, 2015, 11:31 AM.
  • P25
    Tour Pro
    • Jun 3, 2008
    • Brooklin
    • Sales

Re: Can anyone explain to me why I got this ticket today?

Stuff like this really pisses me off. Now you have to spend your time fighting a ticket you shouldn't have gotten in the first place. Brutal.

Comment

• PayneStewart
      Club Pro
      • Aug 13, 2014
      • Toronto

You got the ticket because an idiot can't read.

Too bad you couldn't sue them for your time to get it sorted out.

Comment

• Benz
        Tour Pro
        • Feb 7, 2010
        • Orillia
        • Retired (and living off investments...)

Originally posted by Frorose View Post
        My MIL has a temp permit due to her broken knee.
        Are there any specific conditions associated with this particular permit?

Given the photo evidence, there is no way that the issuer could have missed seeing the permit in the window. The only plausible explanation is that the permit is/was invalid for some reason.

I also suspect that the issuer will have his own photo evidence of what he/she did (or did not) see.

Comment

• ace in the hazard
          Tour Pro
          • Mar 31, 2010
          • Downtown
          • Trader

it takes time for the ticket to be entered into the system. before you trek down to the courthouse, call back in a couple of days and see if you can sort it out over the phone. good luck
          What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
          TM Rescue 17*
          TM M2 4-AW
          TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
          Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

• RaoulDuke
            Scratch Golfer
            • Jan 28, 2012
            • Toronto

Originally posted by Benz View Post
            I also suspect that the issuer will have his own photo evidence of what he/she did (or did not) see.
            ^ Yes.

Comment

• SliceHooker
              Tour Pro
              • Feb 12, 2006
              • Etobicoke
              • Get stuff done

I've emailed in an issue with a ticket before where I was obviously wrongly ticketed in Toronto with picture evidence. They came back with "although we don't usually do this, since it's obviously incorrect we'll cancel the ticket so we don't waste your time or the courts"...may want to give it a try

Comment

• bogeyorbetter
                Banned
                • Mar 8, 2014

I'm sure the news media would love a story like this.

I could be wrong, but if it was issued by a private contractor you have no obligation to pay, if it was issued by the city that's a different story.

Best of luck, hopefully not much time or effort is wasted sorting it out.

Comment

• Frorose
                  Tour Pro
                  • Aug 15, 2010
                  • Mississauga
                  • Realtor and Mom to 4

Originally posted by Benz View Post
                  Are there any specific conditions associated with this particular permit?

Given the photo evidence, there is no way that the issuer could have missed seeing the permit in the window. The only plausible explanation is that the permit is/was invalid for some reason.

He very well could have but I have absolutely no idea how he could have missed it.

There are no restrictions on the permit. It is for passenger or driver.

When I called the city she asked if the whole ticket was visible. the only thing I can think of is the bottom of the ticket is a little obscured by the shading on the window but all he had to do was tilt his head to see the bottom of the ticket.
                  Certainly not an offense worth $300

I dare him to show me a photo that doesn't show the permit. Unless he has the camera angled up from the hood to completely obscure it there is no way it could be missed.
                  My MIL was furious. You see people all the time parked illegally in these spots with no permits...is he an idiot???

Comment

• Frorose
                    Tour Pro
                    • Aug 15, 2010
                    • Mississauga
                    • Realtor and Mom to 4

Originally posted by Mellowg
                    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but when my Dad got a permit to Chauffeur my Grandmother who was partially disabled he was only allowed to use it when she was present. When he was driving himself he never used it. Not sure if that was because of an ethical choice or whether that was actually a bylaw.

Either way not sure they could prove that she wasnt there or not but you may want to confirm if that is a condition as it sounds like you were just driving yourself.

First sentence. "I had my MIL at Erin Mills town center".....she was present. I never use it alone. I have been known to chastise people who have no permit parking in those spots. When I'm alone I tend to park at the very end of the lot to avoid other cars dinging me. (plus it helps get my 10 000 steps in. )

Comment

• Mellowg
                      Scratch Golfer
                      • Aug 12, 2013
                      • Etobicoke/Downtown/Markham

Yea misread my bad
                      Driver: Fubuki Z 60 x5ct S-Flex 10 Degree Taylormade SLDR.
                      Woods: Fubuki Z 65 x5ct S-Flex 16.5 Degree Taylormade SLDR 3 Wood.
                      Hybrids: Fujikura Speeder 82H S-Flex 19 Degree Taylormade SLDR 3 Hybrid.
                      Irons: True Temper DG S300 Titleist AP2 712 4-9 Irons.
                      Wedges: True Temper DG S300 Titleist AP2 712 PW, Titleist Vokey SM5 50 Degree F Grind GW, 56 Degree F Grind SW and 60 Degree M Grind LW.
                      Putter: Odyssey Versa 2 Ball. Super Stroke "The Claw" Grip.

Member of Station Creek Golf Club

Comment

• Frorose
                        Tour Pro
                        • Aug 15, 2010
                        • Mississauga
                        • Realtor and Mom to 4

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
                        it takes time for the ticket to be entered into the system. before you trek down to the courthouse, call back in a couple of days and see if you can sort it out over the phone. good luck

When I spoke with the city she said they can't really do anything over the phone other than access the notes if they are any. Said I would be better off going to the courthouse monday morn.

It's just down the street but still annoying. My photo is timestamped. I took another one a minute later with my MIL sitting in the passenger seat so they can't even say she wasn't with me. (she looks fierce in that photo...LOL)

Comment

• Break90
                          Low Handicapper
                          • May 7, 2014

I can't tell from the photo but all tickets should have the type of infraction printed on them along with relevant section of the HTA or POA. What does your say as that would be why you got the ticket.

Comment

• Frorose
                            Tour Pro
                            • Aug 15, 2010
                            • Mississauga
                            • Realtor and Mom to 4

Originally posted by Break90 View Post
                            I can't tell from the photo but all tickets should have the type of infraction printed on them along with relevant section of the HTA or POA. What does your say as that would be why you got the ticket.
                            It's an official ticket from the Region of Peel. Not a private contractor.

The infraction is checked off but it's under the fold. As said in the original post it is checked off in the "parked in a designated parking spot without a permit"

$300 early pay, $350 set fine

I have another pic showing where I was parked, in a clearly labeled handicapped spot.

Hopefully it will get cleared up on Monday. If not I will sick my fiesty stir crazy MIL on them. She was so upset about the ticket. I told her not to worry about it. I have the pics, and the valid permit. There is no way for this to stick

Comment

• Break90
                              Low Handicapper
                              • May 7, 2014

If that's the case then it's one of two things, because the permit is partly obscured and the validation couldn't be confirmed( there is a huge problem with fraudulent permits) you got the ticket or it was simply a quota fill on the part of the enforcement officer who was probably at the end of their shift.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X