• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4underthru9
    Tour Pro
    • Jun 23, 2011

CARDINAL HELP WANTED

Lots of possibilities at Cardinal GC right now.:

Work with us Be a part of the team at the Cardinal Golf Complex. View Positions *COMING FEBRUARY 2024* Job Fairs at Cardinal Meet, mingle, and apply. We can't wait. Join us on February 17th and 24th from 10AM to 2PM at Cardinal Golf Club. Meet the teams behind Cardinal, RedCrest,…

Available Positions

Golf Services
    Back Shop Attendant
    Pro Shop Attendant

Food & Beverage
    F&B Supervisor
    F&B Server
    Dishwasher
    Line Cook

Maintenance
    Golf Course Maintenance

DISCLOSURE:
    I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION TO CARDINAL GC
    Just posting copy of email I received.
    Last edited by 4underthru9; Jul 27, 2022, 09:41 AM.
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

• Bern
    Tour Pro
    • Jul 24, 2009

Here's a thought. If they offered fair compensation for seasonal work they would have no problem filling their positions in January if they wanted. Looks like Cardinal golf club wants to screw their patrons or they just suck to work for.

Comment

• 4underthru9
      Tour Pro
      • Jun 23, 2011

Originally posted by Bern View Post
      Here's a thought. If they offered fair compensation for seasonal work they would have no problem filling their positions in January if they wanted. Looks like Cardinal golf club wants to screw their patrons or they just suck to work for.
      Agreed on all points, knew several who worked there, and since new management and Covid conditions, they all decided enough is enough.
      To be fair, working conditions and reduced benefits at some other local courses have resulted in the same staffing issues.
      Also the usual influx of student workers seems to be a lot less this year.
      Note some of those positions are available September 1st, when the students that did work will be back to UNI or what ever.
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• seetrout699
        Sponsor
        • Jul 17, 2006
        • Don Mills and Steeles, Thornhill/Markham
        • retired

My guess is that staff wages and benefits have not increased by 25% [as a percentage] as much as their green fees % increases have over the last 3 years.
        Last edited by seetrout699; Aug 1, 2022, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Weirfan
          Tour Pro
          • Dec 9, 2005

Originally posted by seetrout699 View Post
          My guess is that staff wages and benefits have not increased by 25% [as a percentage] as much as their green fees % increases have over the last 3 years.
          That would be a given. The majority of golf course staff in the listed want ad except perhaps the F&B Supervisor are going to be paid minimum wage. Some courses don't even pay a wage to some positions, they just get free golf. finding good maintenance staff means courses outbid each other. My daughter who cut greens at Westmount last year was offered more $ to go cut them at another private track. Our super says this is the only way to get "good" staff these days

I know that there was a changeover in management at Cardinal and word on the street is that the previous person was told to increase revenues another million this year. He either quit or was let go. We have a couple former staff on our crew.

In this business, you get what you give. We are treated very well at my course so it is a desirable place to work IMO.
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• surette23
            Scratch Golfer
            • Apr 2, 2013
            • Cambridge
            • Golf Course Superintendent

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

That would be a given. The majority of golf course staff in the listed want ad except perhaps the F&B Supervisor are going to be paid minimum wage. Some courses don't even pay a wage to some positions, they just get free golf. finding good maintenance staff means courses outbid each other. My daughter who cut greens at Westmount last year was offered more $ to go cut them at another private track. Our super says this is the only way to get "good" staff these days

I know that there was a changeover in management at Cardinal and word on the street is that the previous person was told to increase revenues another million this year. He either quit or was let go. We have a couple former staff on our crew.

In this business, you get what you give. We are treated very well at my course so it is a desirable place to work IMO.
            As with anything in life, you get what you pay for. I could have a much larger crew made up of minimum wage workers and get a minimum wage job done. I run a smaller crew and try to pay them a decent wage and make them feel appreciated, and in turn the product is better, they take a little more pride in their work, and I don't have to baby sit.

Comment

• Weirfan
              Tour Pro
              • Dec 9, 2005

Originally posted by surette23 View Post

As with anything in life, you get what you pay for. I could have a much larger crew made up of minimum wage workers and get a minimum wage job done. I run a smaller crew and try to pay them a decent wage and make them feel appreciated, and in turn the product is better, they take a little more pride in their work, and I don't have to baby sit.
              Like this approach, as long as you stay within budget and the jobs get done and to your satisfaction.

My daughter had a great year at her new employer and will go back. She had so much fun and loved her employer. Sounds like they treated her the way you treat your staff.
              I am fortunate to be in a similar situation at my club.
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X