Duffer
    • Jul 6, 2023

How do reciprocal days work?

How do reciprocal days work?
  • PowerFade27
    High Handicapper
    • Mar 3, 2021
    • Durham Region

Typically, they will hold times a few times throughout the day at other clubs that will only be available for your home club members. For example, my home club is cherry downs. If there is ever an outside event, we'll get an email saying that there is an event on that day (usually 10 days or so in advance) and that there have been times set aside at other courses and usually there are 3-5 times available at each course. The fee for playing prestige courses is waived on these days as well. You can book these times through the website or calling linkline the same way you would to book a tee time normally. If none of the times they have set aside work, you can still book an away course and time normally but that's been easier said than done the last few years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CD.png
Views:	734
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	3678440

Comment

• 3puttting
      Duffer
      • Jul 6, 2023

Originally posted by PowerFade27 View Post
      Typically, they will hold times a few times throughout the day at other clubs that will only be available for your home club members. For example, my home club is cherry downs. If there is ever an outside event, we'll get an email saying that there is an event on that day (usually 10 days or so in advance) and that there have been times set aside at other courses and usually there are 3-5 times available at each course. The fee for playing prestige courses is waived on these days as well. You can book these times through the website or calling linkline the same way you would to book a tee time normally. If none of the times they have set aside work, you can still book an away course and time normally but that's been easier said than done the last few years.

Cool. I have a reciprocal day coming up and trying to book one of the prestige but it has been impossible to find a tee time.

Comment

• jaybee
        Club Pro
        • Jul 6, 2016

Originally posted by 3puttting View Post

Cool. I have a reciprocal day coming up and trying to book one of the prestige but it has been impossible to find a tee time.
        Talk with the head pro at your home course, they typically can call around ahead of time and get you on to another place, regardless of which day it is

Comment

• zshereck
          Scratch Golfer
          • Jun 3, 2017
          • Thornhill
          • Real Estate Development

No longer a ClubLink member so can't say if this is still the case, but from my experience many of the prestige clubs block off their tee sheets so access is restricted through LinkLine. I remember on a recip day only being able to get times at King Valley after 5:00 on a weekday, then showing up to see the course completely empty and having starter telling me there were open spots all day.

You might have more luck calling the club direct, but usually they direct you to LinkLine to book anything and the LinkLine phone booking just offers the same availability as online.

Comment

• Rusty
            Tour Pro
            • Jun 29, 2006

Often reciprocal days will fall on "special days" at the prestige courses, i.e., Men's day, ladies day and a new one...seniors day. Even if there are open times or unfilled foursomes, staff resist allowing non-home club players to fill those empty times even when you call the morning of. I have heard so much BS about "completely filled tee sheets", go to the course anyway and watch as twosomes and threesomes play on and the first tee is empty for a half-hour. I could be wrong but it appears that "prestige club" members take the appellation seriously and pressure staff to maintain their "status" even though allowing non-home club play in unfilled tee sheets would not impede them one iota.

The original premise of Clublink, "one membership, many courses", has been seriously eroded over the years, especially as "Clublink Landbank" divests itself of any course with the potential to become the site for million-dollar housing ghettos.

Comment

• 3puttting
              Duffer
              • Jul 6, 2023

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
              Often reciprocal days will fall on "special days" at the prestige courses, i.e., Men's day, ladies day and a new one...seniors day. Even if there are open times or unfilled foursomes, staff resist allowing non-home club players to fill those empty times even when you call the morning of. I have heard so much BS about "completely filled tee sheets", go to the course anyway and watch as twosomes and threesomes play on and the first tee is empty for a half-hour. I could be wrong but it appears that "prestige club" members take the appellation seriously and pressure staff to maintain their "status" even though allowing non-home club play in unfilled tee sheets would not impede them one iota.

The original premise of Clublink, "one membership, many courses", has been seriously eroded over the years, especially as "Clublink Landbank" divests itself of any course with the potential to become the site for million-dollar housing ghettos.
              this sounds accurate. I was taking a look at the other courses calendars and they seem to be 'closed' on my clubs reciprocal day...

Comment

• 3puttting
                Duffer
                • Jul 6, 2023

Originally posted by PowerFade27 View Post

what is the condition of Cherry Downs these days?

Comment

• SW20 MR2
                  Tour Pro
                  • Dec 26, 2004
                  • Markham

I did my first reciprocal day at KV this week, and had a time booked for 3:57. At 3:50 ish, the start sent me out with 2 other people - one was another reciprocal player not scheduled until 5 ish and another a KV member who showed up without a tee time. We didn't run into another group until hole 7. Hence, it must've been at least 30 mins without a group getting out. Ofcourse, when I booked my tee time, it was the only spot that was available at all.
                  Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
                  TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                  TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                  Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
                  TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
                  Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
                  Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
                  LAB Mezz, Accra
                  Current hcp ~ 14

Comment

• PowerFade27
                    High Handicapper
                    • Mar 3, 2021
                    • Durham Region

what is the condition of Cherry Downs these days?
                    I would say the conditioning is okay. The rain recently has helped prevent the typical burnout of the fairways and the greens are a shade slower and softer than normal. All the tree removal they did this winter has helped a lot with holes 3-5.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X