• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dblock
    Duffer
    • Apr 27, 2020

Weekday mornings availability

Hi guys. A friend and I are considering joing CL this year at a gold level club (Georgetown). We'd be looking to play most of our rounds on weekdays, say 8:00-10:00am. We'd like to move around and play different gold and platinum courses in the GTA.
    In your experience, are weekdays tough to find tee times for 2 golfers? I like the concept of CL but am concerned about crowded tee sheets and extremely limited availability.
    Appreciate your input!
  • Benz
    Tour Pro
    • Feb 7, 2010
    • Orillia
    • Retired (and living off investments...)

A number of my current golf partners at TPC-OV were members at Georgetown. Their biggest single complaint was the number of tournaments held there which meant that they had to play elsewhere. Of course, if you plan to play a bunch of other courses anyway, then it won't be an issue.

Also, AFIK, Georgetown may still not have a driving range.

Comment

• RichieA
      Duffer
      • Mar 21, 2019

Confirmed on the no driving range. There are 3 hitting bays/nets installed last year. Not ideal but does help get loose before a round. If you need a range, Glencairn is not too far away and a great facility. I resigned my membership this year due a new arrival on the way but in my time there I never had an issue with getting times, either weekend or midweek. A great membership option and an all-round good home club to be apart of. Playing away from Georgetown i never had an issue finding times. If you do take the plunge, get out to Heron Point. Just a great test of golf from the back tees. In my experience, the majority of people who complain about times i found were always in a group of 3-4. That will be a challenge anywhere to be fair. I liked to play as a single at time away from Georgetown and would always get a time anywhere when booked within 24hrs of playing due to the cancellation policy. There are always people who'll cancel. They changed how to book tee-times last year and you could refine your search choice to the courses you wanted to see availability which made finding times, for me at least, a dream.
      Last edited by RichieA; Mar 6, 2024, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
      X